Friday, January 8, 2016

The Oregon Protesters

Must now be the most hated people in America.  I know so little about them it isn't funny.  For all I know the whole lot of them need rounded up and sent to jail.  But, again, the ones calling for them to be arrested and heaping scorn and contempt on them are many of the same ones who do the same for me simply because of my stance on, for instance, gay marriage.  So that's the first thing to give me pause.

The second is the almost blitzkrieg like assault on them from almost every corner of the Left.  Any time there appears to be such a deliberate desire to discredit and malign people, right or left, I hesitate to jump on the bandwagon.

Finally, it sounds like they are being attacked for a host of issues that have little to do with what they are really objecting to, which includes Federal overreach (from their POV at least) that many who are attacking them seem to otherwise complain about as well.  When it gets down to 'you're stupid and your mamma dresses you funny', something about the substance of the criticisms comes up short.  

That's my two cents.  Again, they might be as bad as all of those who are attacking them say.  I don't know.  But I will wait until I know more before I grab my verbal torch and rhetorical pitchfork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts