Monday, January 18, 2016

You can never leave

Nevertheless, goodbye Mr. Frey. You played an integral part in my life during the heyday of my youth.  You were big with The Eagles in the 1970s, when I was but a lad.  But you enjoyed a burst of solo success just as I was hitting that all important high school to college transition.  From The Heat is On, to Smuggler's Blues and, my favorite, You Belong to the City, you helped lay the soundtrack for some of my best youthful memories.

Like so many artists, you remain in my memories what you were in those days of my nostalgia.  You went on, got older, lived life.  But to me, you are still Glenn Frey, c. 1985, suit and guitar, black and white music videos, the New York Skyline and the Twin Towers and MTV.  Thanks for all the music, for The Eagles and, most of all, for the memories.  May God bless and keep you and yours through this time.  RIP.


One of the greatest in pop history

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts