Friday, January 29, 2016

Deep into that darkness peering

It was on this day, in 1845, that Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven was published.  Click here for Donald McClarey's pick for a reading, courtesy of the great Christopher Lee.  I'm more of a Vincent Price enthusiast myself:



As a side note, and for a shameless boast, my second son recited the poem from memory in two parts when he was in sixth grade.  It was for poetry/drama reading nights in school before classmates and parents.  The second night he stumbled and forgot a couple lines, but managed to improvise in such a way that it sounded like Poe.  The high school drama teacher was there, and told him that it was no small thing for a sixth grader to improvise in the manner of Poe before a large audience.  I agree.  [Shameful kid boast is now finished].

1 comment:

Let me know your thoughts