Saturday, January 16, 2016

Obama blasts Pope Francis

I'm sure you've already heard that one.  Mostly from Conservative media.  That is, in his final State of the Union address, President Obama took a swipe at all these fear mongers who were rushing about, yelling that the WWIII sky is falling.  As soon as he said it, my thoughts went to the statements of Pope Francis following the Paris terrorists attacks*.

So, who is right?  Sure, Pope Francis seemed to be saying this is WWIII, but we're in a different type of WWIII than we imagined.  Since Obama's statement was more swipe than substance (I notice that makes up a sizeable amount of what Obama says), I really don't know what kind of WWIII he was denying.

But shouldn't someone ask who is right?  I mean, if we are or are not in WWIII, isn't that news?  If we are in WWIII, isn't that news?  Isn't it important?  I've watched Catholic Social Media and haven't seen much about it.  The news really hasn't talked about it.  Conservative media has, but it's mostly just taking swipes back at Obama.  So this minor little question is, I think, worth asking: Are we or are we not in the middle of WWIII?  Inquiring minds want to know.

*Known in America as the attacks by people whose motives remain a mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts