Friday, January 8, 2016

The answer to Francis Scott Key would be no

I fear that if we continue along the path we are heading, the answer to the question of that Star Spangled Banner still waving over the land of the free will be a resounding 'No!'  Case in point.  Go back to the rollicking days of the 50s, or 60s, or heck the 80s, and imagine a marine being told she couldn't post a Bible verse.

Remember Full Metal Jacket?   Remember how Mathew Moldine's brave and courageous 'Joker' Davis bucks Sergeant Hartman's question about believing in the Virgin Mary?  Bold!  Courageous!  All about resisting tyranny of thought and opening and freeing the mind.  Bucking the system.  Being the rebel.

Fast forward to today.  Who are the rebels now?  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I am more and more convinced that Orwell had modern, Western liberals in mind when he wrote Animal Farm.  I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts