Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When gay rights advocates smell a rat

There comes a point in any movement where people have to admit that those on the same team may be jumping the shark. With the emergence of the zealous radicals in the gay rights movement, others in the movement are going to be called to speak out. Those who still argue for gay rights under the auspices of liberty, freedom, tolerance, and respect will have to step up to the plate and call a spade a spade. Glad to see The Colorado Springs Gazette, a paper otherwise friendly toward advancing gay marriage, has called the Soviets of San Fransisco on the carpet for their anti-Catholic proclamation.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see it. More than anything I've read, what they did has bothered me. It breaks down that barrier of religious liberty as clearly as anything I've seen in years. Kudos to the Gazette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could somebody tell me what San Fransisco did that was so horrible, other than make a moral statement that many American agree with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. An official government body openly condemned a religious institution. You don't find that bothersome? Seperation of Church and State is, last I heard, supposed to go both ways (though my problems with the Church/State viewpoint is well known, and this is one of the reasons why).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the government can't speak out against discrimination and bigotry? First time I heard that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have concluded it's bigotry. But for me, it's always enjoyable seeing the Left, which once ran proudly under the banner of never legislating morality, suddenly warming up to the idea of legislating morality - the little SF tirade being an early step in that direction.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts