Monday, November 29, 2010

When it comes to American politics...

does anyone else get the sneaking feeling that the peasant class has become the rope with which our party leaders play tug-of-war?  So unemployment benefits are set to expire - again.  I realize there are philosophical issues here. I realize there are those who abuse the system.  I realize there are those who through no fault of their own cannot get back into the workplace. I also realize that many American corporations would gladly screw the American worker if they could do so and still make a buck.  With all of that, couldn't our leaders agree to keep the money flowing to those who need it, understanding there will be those who abuse it, and then set to work before next cycle to make sure a final decision is made and solution found so they don't have to lament the absence of a clear strategy for paying the benefits?  Instead I'm getting the feeling Washington is a bunch of kids kicking around an anthill and chuckling as the hapless insects scurry about trying to save themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts