Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Patricia Neal: Death of a pro-life Catholic


What was missing in many press releases about Oscar winning actress Patricia Neal, was her fervent pro-life advocacy. Creative Minority Report gives kudos to, of all places, the New York Times, for including this poignant passage about Neal's own regrets over the abortion of her baby:

"During her affair with Cooper, she became pregnant. She had an abortion and according to her 1988 autobiography, “As I Am,” (written with Richard DeNeut), she cried herself to sleep for 30 years afterward. “If I had only one thing to do over in my life,” she wrote, “I would have that baby.”"

As a pastor, abortion seemed the number one issue I counseled women in, particularly those who had abortions at one time or another in their past. They all said the same thing: each dinner, each holiday, each vacation had an empty chair that could never be filled again. Such regrets are never discussed in our modern culture, a culture that has based so much of its teachings on lies, half-truths, and deception. RIP Patricia Neal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts