Friday, August 21, 2020

A flower grew at the Democratic National Convention

It was, 2020 being taken into account, what you expect from a political convention.  The Dems are here to save the world, everything is evil Trump's fault.  Nothing new there.  Naturally no mention was made of the Dems' part in all our woes.  Again, a typical convention.

But there was one highlight, and I must admit, it's a nice one.  It reminds me of the time President Ronald Reagan and Nancy Reagan visited a young boy and his family and had dinner with them.  It was in response to something the boy wrote.  I still remember the pictures of Ron and Nancy in the living room, eating off TV trays.

Fake?  Perhaps.  Was this fake on Biden's part?  Who knows. If I see a person do something that lifts up a child, I don't ask beyond 'what must the child have thought'.  In this case, the results seem to speak for themselves.  Well done Brayden Harrington.  And, in this case at least, well done Vice President Biden. 

2 comments:

  1. That is a nice story, and it would be nice if we could all agree that our political opponents have some good aspects now and then.

    Now let's see how things go when the Republican convention rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't hold my breath. But we can do the right thing on our side.

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts