Friday, September 7, 2018

I don't care about this

Really.  Anonymous op-ed says blah, blah, blah.  Given the track record of the press since Trump was elected, where even the press admitted it's dropped the ball dozens and dozens of times where facts and truth are concerned, I'm not putting much on this. 

At best, it's true, and represents the downward spiral we've been in, where people increasingly think the law or the Constitution or anything else is irrelevant if we didn't get our way.  I heard it in 2000, I heard it again in 2004 - charges of stolon elections, corruption, voter fraud, illegal presidents and calls to overturn election results.  Oddly, I didn't hear it in 2008 or 2012 nearly as much.  Cosmic coincidence, no doubt.

But the thought - assuming this is true - that a person working in the government has taken it upon himself to undermine an elected president through any means possible, just because he says so, reminds me of an age old principle: In America, we don't have coups.  We have the peaceful and democratic transfer of power.  I'd like to keep it that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts