Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Because religion is evil

I suppose CBS missed a little detail about those folks who are coming out of the woodwork to help Joplin in the wake of the tornado disaster.  The folks at GetReligion break it down.  I'm sure not everyone there to help is doing so because of religious faith, or due to affiliation with an organized religion.  But there are plenty there helping because they are religious and affiliated with a religious tradition with organized characteristics.  Personally, I would like to know how many people who associate organized religion with evil and proudly don their personal spirituality are in the rubble in the name of their own personal spirituality.  I'm sure there are some.  I'd be curious to know the numbers.  Plus those there in the name of no religion whatsoever.  Stats like that always help to see if the 'religion leads to evil' meme has a basis in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts