Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Remembering persecuted Christians at this time of year

It's often lamented that the media spends scant little time focused on the plight of Christian around the world. That's true.  Our media much prefers the progressive focus of evil Christians butchering hapless innocents the world over.  Unfortunately, those who point this out often reserve their tears for those Christians in the Middle East whose fortunes appear to have turned as a result of American meddling in that region.  Favorite are the Iraqi Christians who, since the downfall of Saddam Hussein, have suffered greatly at the hands of those Islamic terrorists who have caused so many of the casualties in that region.  I'm of the opinion that focusing only on those suffering Christians who help us score points against this or that policy or politician is only scarcely better than the general media's ignoring of Christians' plights in general.

Therefore, as I see yet another group of Christians are under the gun, these in Kenya (who I have contact with due to my connection with missionaries there during my ministry days), I thought I would put out a prayer and a thanks to those who bear the witness to the faith, even to the point of death.  For Americans who have a hard time pondering what it really is to be oppressed, or to suffer for the faith, the testimony is worth more than I could ever give.

“Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."  Matthew 5.11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts