Friday, November 16, 2012

Goodbye Hostess

I know it's been a long, long time since we were able to afford the Hostess brand of snack cakes.  Generic has been our preferred brand, when we've bought anything.   In recent years, there's been little at all, so I can't speak to the quality of the Hostess products.  Still, it may be that we weren't the only ones in our modern economic incarnation that felt it just wasn't worth it, no matter how tasty those little treats were.  Perhaps that's why they are finally shutting down the Twinkies, the Cupcakes, the Ho-Hos.  I hate it for the families of those who will be losing their jobs.  Prayers for them, since it was a year ago, right before Christmas, that we found out my wife was losing her job due to cut backs resulting from schools not purchasing written curricula.  Nonetheless, sad to see the product go.  My youngest won't ever know how good they were, and my boys simply never had the chance to have many owing to our economic fortunes.   Best of luck to those who will be joining the unemployed this holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how tight things are, but depending on your finances and what the shelf life of one is, you could buy them for your children's Christmas stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had some folks step up in local parishes and help out, and I might just do that. Great idea! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts