Thursday, September 12, 2013

For all your German Horror movie needs

A nifty little intro to some lost gems.  I'm sure we've all heard of Nosferatu, but there are some others here worth the watch.  I've seen some, would like to see others, and there are a couple I've never come across.  We recently purchased Der Golem, and I have to admit, it was pretty darn addictive.  But then, those silent classics can be.

Trivial note: I couldn't get to sleep the other night, up at 3 AM and never went back to sleep.  I ended up watching Erich von Stroheim's Greed.  At first I chuckled at the silliness of it.  But by halfway through, I was hooked.  I didn't watch the end because I missed the beginning.  But will catch it someday soon.  It was as good as the hype always said it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts