Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear readers of my blog

A couple things.  First, I am grateful to those of you who keep coming back to my rather droll little musings.  I appreciate it.  Second, I am glad for those who comment, and don't want anything I say to suggest I want less comments.  On the contrary, I want a whole lot more!  The comments are what keep me going, what help me, and what give me different viewpoints on things.  Otherwise it's just me talking to myself.  Plus, of course, I welcome anyone to become a fan!  I've got 4, looking for more!  I know it's a new blog, but even now it's taking shape and I'm starting to narrow some things down.  So thanks to all the return visitors, and welcome to anyone who may be passing by.  

Now, with that said, here's a couple things I need to say.  First, when commenting, please, please, please keep it somewhat civil.  That doesn't mean you have to agree with anyone.  That doesn't mean you have to agree with me.  Sometimes folks can call me on something and get me to thinking about how I said something.  That's great.  You can claw and kick and scratch over something's veracity or not all day.  You can say something is wrong, and idea is stupid, even a belief is dangerous - or heck even evil!  As long as it's the idea, movement, belief, or whatever.  But don't - and I mean DON'T - insult people, or attack them personally.  I would prefer you not attack or insult me.  But I opened up a blog and get what I get for it.  But don't attack or insult anyone who is commenting.  If you do, I pull the comment ASAP.  I'm leaving the comment in this link here just for an example.  It happens again, it's pulled.

Second, please use some moniker.  Some name, title, code, something.  Many accounts are supported by the comments, but I know some aren't.  Someday I may go Haloscan, but not now. If they aren't supported and you have to improvise, there is the option of picking a few other ways.  You can pick anonymous and that's fine.  Just add a name, initials, something.  That's just so I can keep track of things.  Otherwise I could end up with a score of anonymous postings that I couldn't sort.  Some of my commenters have accounts supported by this, others use the anon or find ways of typing in their names.  Short of it - don't just leave it anonymous.  If I see too many of those, guess what.

So those are about the only two things to think of.  Don't insult or attack people (ideas, within reason, but not people), and let me know some title or label just to keep track of things.  You've done great, and I appreciate all the input, and look forward to more great dialogue (especially if you tell your friends, family, loved ones, and coworkers all about my happy domain!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts