Thursday, January 20, 2022

Jordan Peterson quits

Jordan Peterson has resigned his position as tenured professor at the University of Toronto.  He explains why here.

First, my qualified and supremely trained heterosexual white male graduate students (and I’ve had many others, by the way) face a negligible chance of being offered university research positions, despite stellar scientific dossiers. This is partly because of Diversity, Inclusivity and Equity mandates (my preferred acronym: DIE). 

As the father of four white, Christian, heterosexual, American men, I feel the pain.  Our society has no problem telling me to suck on it if my sons get treated unjustly.  On that parallel universe of the Internet, I've been told boohoo more than once when lamenting the struggles of my sons. After all, they're men, white, American, Christian and heterosexual.  Whatever happens, they deserve it.

It's racism.  It's bigotry.  It's discrimination.  It's what we've heard is nothing but pure evil ever since the end of WWII.  Yet in barely a generation, the world snapped its fingers, declared good what yesterday was called evil, and how many have fallen over themselves to embrace it? 

In case they are wondering, the ones embracing this latest form of bigotry and discrimination are not the ones who would have stormed the beaches.  Far from it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts