Friday, April 27, 2018

Kanye West guilty of wrong think?

Apparently Kanye West likes Trump.  Of course the press calls this taking a controversial stand, when I can't recall anyone calling someone controversial for supporting Obama.  No doubt a fluke.

It seems to have started when he tweeted out support for young Candace Owens, a former liberal now conservative that is none too appreciated in liberal circles.  He then clarified that he also loves Donald Trump.  So do I of course.  I love Donald Trump as I try to love all people, as I'm commanded to do.  I pray for him.  I hope the best for him and his leadership, just as I did for Obama in 2008.

The good news is that if you ignored the headlines and leading parts of the stories, it turns out most are saying that Mr. West has a right to his opinions.  Wow.  In the 21st century, it's amazing how radical that statement is.  Though he did have to clarify that he didn't agree with President Trump 100% of the time.  Again, when did we arrive at a point where we assume you must be 100% for or you're 100% against, and vice versa?

Nonetheless, to see some of the coverage, you'd think Mr. West was found in a back alley somewhere molesting teddy bears or something.  There's a definite 'ew, how can he be so guilty of wrong think?' vibe going on.  Some of it is just ugly, lies and even borderline race baiting aimed at Mr. West and, more often, Ms. Owens.  Even the mainstream criticism has some 'get in line you people' smell about it, and that's enough for me to give them at least a few benefits of a couple doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts