Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas is on the 25th of December this year

I just thought I'd throw that out there, since we've been watching stores minimize their Christmas inventory for several days.  Tonight, we went for some last minute shopping courtesy of some generous donations from our Church family, and lo and behold! the grocery store was emptying the shelves and getting ready for Valentine's Day!  Pretty soon the Christmas shopping season will start in July and end mid-November.  At some point, I'd love American Christians to pledge an entire year of buying only what is needed.  I'm sure most Americans who can afford luxuries already have enough to sustain them for a year. No Christmas shopping.  Pick a birthday for gift giving if gift giving must happen. Send a warning shot at Wall Street and Madison Avenue that we're tired of them not just exploiting a holy day for Christians, but darn well mocking it when all is said and done.

I hope they didn't wait until the week before Christmas to follow that star

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts