Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rachel Maddow reminds me

Of the level of contempt and hatred emanating from the American Left.  Robert Bork died yesterday.  That's right, died.  In her piece on MSNBC, Maddow chose to remind everyone that a country without Bork as Supreme Court Justice is a blessed country indeed, that he was truly deserving of Kennedy's prediction of  lynching blacks and murdering women, and that the admiration from heinous conservatives should  be more than enough proof of just how twisted and vile this man was.  On the day he died.  Of course, her take on his legacy was that it was a good thing Reagan was soundly defeated in this Supreme Court nomination.  My take, and many who don't conform to Leftist dogmas, was that his nomination was when the Left emerged to declare their motto of 'be liberal or be evil'.  At that point, they proudly declared that it was their hour, and the qualifiers for public office, nominations to key positions, or in recent years, the ability to exercise fundamental rights, would  be sifted through the filter of Liberal Dogma.  I'm not saying I was a fan of Bork one way or another, or suggesting he should have been a justice or not.  I'm saying that no matter what I think of someone, if for no other reason than respect for the family who may have had no say in the matter, I'll keep my yap shut.  Maddow displays the more proper post-modern Leftist value system: contempt, hatred and intolerance of all who fail to the Left's dogmatic definitions of diversity.

4 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! Banned by Shea!

    Oh wait, that's not related to this post. (or is it...)

    Actually, one of my favorite bumper stickers was always: "Leftists always say they favor diversity, then are shocked people have different ideas."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope.

    Well a little. I mean, as an IT professional, he couldn't really 'ban' me if he wanted to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so not much "banned" as, "he'll delete everything I post".

    It's almost like a game. We should take up a betting pool for how long it takes one of my posts to be sniped.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts