Sunday, December 9, 2012

Does PSY hate homosexuals?

Probably not. Why do I think that?  Because he's still performing for the President at the annual "Christmas in Washington", and the President is going to attend, that's why.  As it is, he only rapped some lyrics back in 2004 along the lines of ' "Kill those f****ng Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives. Kill those f****ng Yankees who ordered them to torture. Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers. Kill them all slowly and painfully."  Nothing worth getting our underwear in a knot over.  He even apologized.  Sort of: 
"While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted," the rapper said in a statement. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words." 
Now maybe it's me, but I'm not sure how one can interpret lyrics that call for the death of US soldiers (this is reaction to Iraqis who tortured a Korean missionary, for some reason turned into our soldiers doing the deed), and further calls for the murder of women and their daughters.  But eh, again, it isn't like he said there was something wrong with gay marriage or something. If that were the case, I have this gut feeling he would already have been pulled from the performance, and if not, there would be massive walk outs and cancellations in protest.  Welcome to the new era or new priorities



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts