Sunday, July 28, 2013

Where things are

Blogging has been light of late.  The reason is simple: life happens.  June was officially the lost month, with the health scare of my oldest, to the problems both my sister and my Mom had, in addition to my Mom's subsequent broken arm, to the usual difficulties we have just getting by.  We also had to start getting ready for the upcoming school year, have the boys tested to make sure they fit with the mandates for homeschooling, and tend to several out of the blue financial situations.  All of that made July a month of catch-up.  From the garden to the yard to just basically getting things back on track.  Finances needed some work to trim down an already skeletal budget.  Someday I'm going to write a book about how to keep a family of seven fed on a single low income beneath poverty levels.  In the meantime, we had some birthdays, a nice, if not subdued, July 4th celebration, and our boys made it through their homeschool evaluations, so should be able to be homeschooled another year - finances allowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts