Tuesday, July 30, 2013

On blogging

Here's something I've noticed.  In addition to readership declining whenever I've dropped off from blogging, I noticed I was going to other blogs with less frequency.  And you know what?  I've been the happier for it.  Sure, I still visited a few, an atheist blog here, a Catholic one there.  But I've not had time to comment, or when I did, it was the same old, same old.  Mostly people reacting in a way I can't imagine happening if we were all sitting in a pub, enjoying a nice draught of Guinness.

Don't know what it means.  Just something I noticed.  Some years back, I felt the boys were watching too much TV.  After a round of discussions and protests, I just cut to the chase and yanked the TV chord for about a month. It was one of the happier months we've ever had.  And while I haven't been 'blog-free', the less I've read, the happier I've been.  I certainly don't feel any less informed.  I have visited blogs, but they've been either help blogs (gardening, home school), or they've been interest blogs (Medieval, hobbies).  Even some of those I approach with caution, since they can use such things to ramrod modern society's religion down your through (the religion of my socio-political opinions).

Again, don't know what it means.  It means I'm having a hard time getting back to the blog, since I've read few others, have cared less of what I've read unless it was some clever insight on Medieval culture or help with gardening, and don't suddenly feel enraged and bothered and driven to throw out counter-opinions.  I've certainly been happier, and can't help but wonder if following suite with others is doing anything for my happiness, or anyone else's.  I'll have to think on it.  Anyway, just something I've been tossing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts