Monday, April 30, 2012

The Titanic II?

Looks like an Australian billionaire wants to build a near replica of the Titanic. Why?  I haven't a clue.  But here's what hit me.  He has commissioned a Chinese company to build it.  I'm not sure what strikes me more - that he went to China, not America, to have something that represented Western industrial might built?  Or that he went to China, not America, to have something that represented Western industrial might built, and nobody so far seems to have noticed.  Could it be that America is already slipped into second-rate country status, and we just don't realize it, or has it done so and we've just accepted it?  In any event, a growing number of breakthroughs and bold accomplishments that garner international attention seem to be lacking that 'Made in America' stamp for which our country was once so justly proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts