Monday, June 10, 2019

Off to Police boot camp

Our third boy is off this week to what we call his first Police boot camp.  He is enrolled in a pre-academy training program for young people discerning law enforcement as a vocation.  Rumor has it that this is a pretty tough and demanding week.  My heart goes out of course.  Thanks to the press, Hollywood and the Left, many see the police as half-baked gestapo killers just itching to murder them some helpless innocents, especially if they are minorities.

No matter what my son does - and we're still happy with him going into accounting or sales or anything else - I'm thankful for what I've learned through this time about law enforcement from law enforcement's point of view.  I know growing up the son of a railroad engineer, it was interesting to find out so much about a career that almost everyone knew but few understood. 

Just in this short time, I've had my eyes opened about a career I knew was misrepresented, but I had no idea how much.  It's my prayer that this week goes well, that he learns and does well and all are kept safe, and whether he loves it or it's living hell, he uses it to discern just how he can bring his gifts of confidence, strength and a big heart (three sizes too big) to a world that needs all three. 

I also pray for all of those in law enforcement.  Resisting arrest is becoming more common - something we also have learned.  That would be because of demagoguery like the link above.  Pray for all who protect us and who are there when we need them, that they don't do the wrong thing, even in the face of so much that is wrong.  And I pray that God keep them safe and protected them even as they protect us and work to keep us safe.

Send off cook out with the boys; the guest of honor is to the right, examining his knee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts