Saturday, December 11, 2010

Understanding Quantitative Easing

And other strange economic developments. So I said blogging would be light this weekend unless something newsworthy came up?  Well, something did.  Over at Mark Shea's blog, he posted this little video explaining Quantitative Easing.  It's both hilarious and terrifying at the same time.  If you're like me, and your eyes glaze over when politicians and financial analysts explain what is happening in our economy, then this will help.  Mind you, because I am not a financial analyst I can't vouch for the accuracy of the video.  But there is little in its explanations that don't seem to line up with my rather meat and potatoes understanding of events over the past decade or so.   That at least gives it a little credibility.   (FYI there is a little language in it if you know what I mean)

4 comments:

  1. The eeek and the yikes keep coming on this one.
    Ok so let me try to understand this the Berneke and the Fed are a mess and we are expected to just keep going. without saying anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dee does not like the plan the President Obama and the likes have for the future. NO FUN

    excuse all the "thes" could not resist. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts