Thursday, December 2, 2010

World AIDS Day 2010 came and went

While I maintain the failure of our society to admit to the role that wanton excess and behavioral preferences have played in this pandemic, I'm also aware that many victims of the disease, especially in developing countries, are children and innocents who contracted it through no fault of their own.  Therefore doing what we can to tackle this disease is always a step in the right direction.  Does that mean I don't care about those who got it because of how they chose to behave?  No.  Just like I would care about, and try to rescue, someone who fell through thin ice despite signs warning of the presence of thin ice.  But it would be nice if we would spend more time telling people that if they would just stay off the ice, the odds of falling through would plummet to just about nil.  Doing otherwise, at least to me, is the definition of hate and ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts