Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Then again, maybe the 'War on Christmas' does reveal a few things after all

As I've already said, I'm of two minds about the annual controversy.  On one hand, it seems a whole lot of hot air by folks who have little else to do than blow hot air.  And yet, on the other hand, it does point to things, troubling things, threatening things.  I'm too much of an old history salt do just toss my hands up and say nothing to worry about here.  As this story from Catholic Online reminds us, things may seem silly, but their results are usually not. 

And speaking of euphemisms from an earlier post.  The greatest Euphemism of all is Political Correctness.  Let's call a spade a spade.  Political Correctness has become nothing other than censorship and oppression sanctioned by forces united for a more secularized and progressive society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts