Saturday, January 16, 2021

Whenever I see Catholic clergy parrot leftwing narratives

I think of nothing so much as Salieri in this scene from the 1984 Oscar favorite Amadeus:


No matter how absurd the premise, no matter how hypocritical or beyond belief false the narrative, they seem able to squeeze out a good old Catholic based affirmation for whatever the Left says

Meanwhile those of us trying desperately to cling to some semblance of the historical faith sympathize with Mozart's exasperation.  I wonder if Fr. Martin has the same opinion of Catholic leaders who supported last summer's BLM protests, or have railed against the Trump administration despite all the violence that has been leveled against non-leftists.  I can only guess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts