Monday, January 18, 2021

The quote I am not seeing

As we mourn the carnage and destruction from this last weekend's riots and right wing insurrections, I was listening to an inordinate level of attention given MLK day on the morning news.  I noticed something.  I saw many references to his famous quotes.  Likewise, on Bookface and other outlets, I've seen multiple MLK memes, again with the usual quotes - all except one.  I haven't seen this one:

No reason probably.  Cosmic coincidence. I'm sure some have referenced it.  But I found it odd that in just a quick glance, this rather famous quote - one I grew up hearing repeated a million times a week if I hear it once - wasn't nearly as represented in the collection as I remember only a few years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts