Wednesday, December 28, 2011

HBO couldn't book Heinrich Himmler

So they had to settle for Bill Maher instead.  Unlike Himmler, who had the power to turn his hatred and contempt for others into a reign of unparalleled terror, Maher must limp along trying to sound funny by making Fred Phelps seem sane and compassionate by comparison (really, is there any objective difference between Phelps' hatred and Maher's hatred, except I hear Phelps can by funny every now and then?).  Naturally, it's probable that since Maher supports aborting babies for better orgasms and drugs (let's not forget the drugs), HBO gives him a blank check.  Like most media outlets, HBO seems quite happy with the lowest common denominator of hatred and bigotry as long as it's promoting narcissism, hedonism, debauchery, and mindless slavery to the altar of brain rot known as television.  Some think Maher may have gone too far this time.  I doubt it.  If it helps with the ratings, I believe HBO will keep him no matter what.  Not that I want HBO to cave to pressure.  But it's possibly another reason why they might not that bothers me.  Tebow is, of course, the Muhammad Ali of the post-modern secular era.  So I can't help but think HBO would likely support what they can to bring him down, even if it's using a mental pygmy like Maher to score the hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts