Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Hobbit Trailer is here!

Yep, figured I would jump on the hype.  The clip is in the article.  As I've said many times, I'm OK with Jackson's LoTR films, but that's all.  They were no better than other attempts to bring Tolkien to the screen.  Most of the time they weren't worse.  Though Rankin/Bass's animated "The Hobbit" is more faithful to the source material than the various LoTR adaptations, so we'll have to see how this new version holds up in comparison.  So far, there's enough add on that I can't help but fear we'll see more surfing elves, elf warrior princesses, and orc butt kicking rangers where deep philosophical and moral reflections should be.  The Hobbit is a simpler book, of course, aimed at children.  Maybe this will feel more at home.  Anyway, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts