Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fast times at Louisville

Can be demonstrated by the joy my boys had in visiting a local water treatment plant.  When my wife and I first moved to Louisville to attend seminary, we used to walk down some railroad tracks to the facility, where a walking track circled the water.  This wasn't some stinky, sewer styled place.  This was built like some Gothic fantasy, and the water looked almost clean enough to drink.  Almost.  

They had fun running around, listening to Mom and Dad regale them about days long gone, and made sure we stopped with water bottles to get water from a spigot outside that they were sure was processed water from the plant.  

Looking like they're posing for an album cover, this was actually taken while they were getting ready for the pic

3 comments:

  1. You were in Louisville and didn't say hi?

    :*(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just passing through, but forgot you were there! It came up sort of suddenly. We went through Southern Indiana actually. But we did stop at the Irish Rover for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah just a day trip? That's ok then, I was probably at my hometown at the time and would have missed ya'll anyway. I thought you were saying you spent like a week down here.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts