Thursday, September 8, 2022

You have to hand it to Queen Elizabeth

A woman so amazing that she gets American Catholics to come together and celerbate the death of a Protestant English monarch.  That's not bad in the least. 



At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Deacon, Dawn and I disagree on the color of an orange.  I have expressed my disappointment with where these two have gone, as I used to have high regard for them both. 

But those are nice tributes, and I heartedly agree.  I especially liked Dawn's rainbow reference.  In the olden days, that would be more than coincidence in the minds of the general population.  I hope that was the intention of bringing it up.

It looks like the accolades are rolling in and it is one giant chorus of praise and adoration for Queen Elizabeth.  Let me join in with the chorus as well.  In an age that would have us divided in as many ways possible, it's nice that her one last act in this world is to be a point of coming together and agreeing. 

UPDATE:

Speaking of:


Nice.  Again, a global chorus of praise.  

1 comment:

  1. Precisely what makes you conclude she was "great"? Is it the secular success of the British Empire, so much larger and stronger today than it was at her coronation, or is it the spiritual growth of Britain during her reign? Or perhaps it is the sterling character of her descendants that testifies to her greatness as a mother?

    She was familiar, and that is generally a positive, and she seems to have been nice. Look at where "nice" has taken the West.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts