Thursday, July 26, 2018

Am I the only one who is sick of hearing about the musical Hamilton?

I know.  It's today.  The age of hyped up hyper hype.  It's the internet age.  It's the age of Social Media.  It's the era that made that elongated CGI cartoon Avatar into the biggest money maker of all time. 

Nonetheless, I can tell purposeful hype when I see it.  I can tell that desire to make something a 'moment in time' phenomenon.  I'm not saying it isn't good or entertaining.  But I'm just tired of turning around every other day and hearing 'all the rules have been broken for Hamilton', as if it's the musical God couldn't equal.

End of rant.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of musicals. Just not my thing. I agree with you though. I really couldn't care less about Hamilton. Tickets are selling for like $400 plus dollars in my area right now. Absurd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It's taken on a whole 'thou must celebrate the greatest event since Creation' vibe. And it all seems - on purpose.

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts