Thursday, June 21, 2018

RIP Charles Krauthammer

Charles Krauthammer has died.  Donald McCleary has the details and a darn fine piece.  I didn't read much of Mr. Krauthammer, and seldom watch FOX News (despite what people say).  So I didn't know much of his content or his positions.  When I did see him, he struck me as an old timer type, someone who tried to use the power of his words to persuade, while remaining a gentleman and a polite one at that. 

That's not to say he never became passionate.  That's OK.  But a person who is mannered and kindly and polite becomes passionate and can get a little under the collar.  Peter Fonda (who has apologized in all fairness) demonstrates what you get when you forgo old time manners and common decency and become passionate. 

I pray God give him family and loved ones strength and peace.  God bless him for all of his talents and gifts.  And God give us more who can remind us we need not hate people who disagree with us, but can actually discuss in good will with a good heart.  RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts