Friday, March 11, 2016

I love history

Not the stuff you see discussed on Cable News, many Facebook pages, or in 83.4% of the books in the "History" section of Barnes and Noble.   I mean real history.  Studying the texts, examining the source material, gleaning from multiple historians past and present.  Which is why it's always a joy to read the history posts over at The American Catholic.  Take this one.  I admit, I've not spent much time reading or studying the Confederate Constitution.  It just never came up.  Though I admit, the American Civil War is not one of my favorite subjects.  Still, it's history.  And a far more complex history than our post-modern Social Media generation is willing to admit.  So grab a cup of English breakfast tea, sit back, and have a read.  It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts