Sunday, May 24, 2015

Fun history

The fun thing about history is that we really know little about it.  Compared to what has happened to every person in every moment of every life, we have about two pieces of a ten million piece puzzle.  So here is an interesting article sent along by one of my readers.  Who really is responsible for European imperialism and colonization?  Ah, we wonder don't we?   Read the article here.  Of course like all things that try to say 'we didn't know but now we do', I take it with a few grains of salt.  But it is interesting and food for thought.  Maybe there's a little Celtic Basque in all of us!

1 comment:

  1. I read it, interesting. Though to be fair, I did read it as the guy taking things cautiously. Less "we didn't know, but now we do!" and more "here's what we thought we know, but I found some more evidence that twists it!"

    Maybe I should get my DNA sequenced and see how much of Celt or Basques I have in me. (uncle did it recently, that side is like Irish, Scots and Norwegian)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts