I seldom watch news on television anymore. I'll watch the local news in the morning for traffic and weather, for what it's worth. After all, weather reporting is one of those fine jobs where you get to stay employed no matter how often you're wrong. Otherwise, I ignore television news.
Nonetheless, this morning I thought I would turn on the national news at 7:00 AM when the network morning news shows begin. Have you ever been away from someone for a long time and were shocked at the change in them? Even if you knew something had happened to change them, you still weren't expecting the degree of change?
Well, that's what happened when I turned on the opening intro segments on NBC. Story after story was nothing but rank propaganda for the Left and liberal Democrats and all who support them. The anchors didn't even try to look balanced. It was told from one point of view and one point of view only.
- First story, the vaccines and good luck figuring out what's true based on the news. The science says except for what it doesn't since we must follow the science despite nobody in the science agreeing. That's all I got from that snippet.
- Second story, the Mask fight heats up, this time focused on a grocery store where employees clearly aren't made to wear a mask (easy fix: see how many shopping and working there have contracted Covid).
- Third story, GOP split over removing controversial 'Conspiracy Theory believing' Rep. Marjorie Taylor. Note a black congresswoman was interviewed in which she called Rep. Taylor a white supremacist, and the news didn't call her out, so I'll assume the network agrees with that assessment. Meanwhile, Trump impeachment supporter Liz Cheney is being universally hailed as the superstar she is.
- Next story, the military is being ordered to stand down to face the growing threat of domestic terrorism and to ferret out 'extremists' in its own ranks. Read: MAGA types. That's our military by the way, the same ones taking knees last summer.
- Last story in the intro: some country singer was caught on video saying the N-Word that rappers use as a matter of course. Since he sports the wrong skin color, Corporate America has swung into action, canceled contracts, and fans are demanding his career be destroyed without further delay.
That was my intro, the 'news in a minute' nutshell. So let me sum up what I heard in a few easy takeaways:
Idiots who think we're still a free country are just that, idiots. We're now - and have been for quite some time - a Leftist state in the best manner of the 20th Century totalitarian states our parents and grandparents witnessed. If you bow before the Left, you will be rewarded. If, however, you deviate even slightly from the Left's ever changing demands, you'll be wrecked and destroyed, increasingly by the government itself. And the thing once known as the news media is one of the biggest factors in what we're witnessing.
So there you go. Maybe it's laziness or cowardliness on my part, but that's why I no longer watch the news. Given the rising number of Americans embracing this or cowering before it - including religious leaders and those we thought firmly entrenched in the resistance - there's not much to do on this side of heaven. That's when you say bring me a brandy, and let's prepare to go down like gentlemen, with our eyes toward heaven rather than the country we thought immune to the foolish sins of history.