Sunday, October 11, 2015

Growing tired of Democracy

I know, we're technically a republic.  Not a democracy.  And a good thing, too.  For it seems we're growing tired of the once lauded Checks and Balances that were supposed to keep us from spiraling into a police state or dictatorship.  So once again, Barack Obama is moving to make the Executive Order less about naming national Apple Dumpling Day, and more about circumventing Americans with inconvenient ideas about the way the Left should truly be obeyed.  Of course if a Republican becomes president, I don't see them rolling back the clock.  I fear they'll at least keep the pace the same, and worst, begin adding to it even more - much to the celebration of conservatives maybe?  I don't know.  But the trend, for any thinking person who doesn't get their education from Wikipedia, should be alarming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts