Thursday, June 2, 2011

When the rain comes

Just to keep the last couple months of rain in perspective, these photos were taken at a small reservoir up in Mount Gilead where I grew up.  Typically, there is a small overflow with a tiny trickle making its way through a ditch.  Sometimes it picks up and can become a little brook, usually in the height of the rainy season of spring of autumn.  But seldom more than that.  Here it was only halfway through the two month deluge we had to endure, around mid-March I think.  I believe the area I was standing on to take the pictures had been under water only a day or so before. 




The good news is, now that I've planted my garden, we should be done with all that pesky rain for at least a few more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts