Friday, April 21, 2023

Our world is so deep into idiocy

That this quote is actually reported as a valid argument for transgender normality:

If you are forcing a trans child to go through puberty when they are trans, that is tantamount to torture, and this body should be ashamed,” Zephyr said during her speech on the amendments on Tuesday. 

From this story.   How do the evils of history happen?  This way.  If you oppose this mind numbing stupidity, you increasingly have a target on your back - literally.  And we saw how little anyone - including Christians - seemed to care about 6 Christians, including 3 children, murdered by a transgender activist.  

If you think there will be some miracle moment when those opposed to this turn and make a stand, I have bad news for you.  Those six people were gunned down in a Christian school and most Americans - including Christians - went about business as usual.  We could talk about guns and that was all, and most - including our leaders - obliged by focusing on guns or saying nothing.  Whatever moment was supposed to be the last straw that rallied the opposition has come and gone.  Now it's just waiting for the inevitable.  

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I'm more optimistic about the state of things, but I might be slightly less pessimistic. Mostly because what I've seen from my friends who swing social/racial justice/leftist... have also been silent on the latest rounds of...everything! Even the incidents with "racial components." But not just recently...probably for about a year now. Not sure what to make of it, but it's not exactly as in my face as it used to be...every.single.time. the media said something was a horrible injustice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I think the Nashville shooting was significant. Six people in a traditional Christian setting were murdered, including three children. Virtually nobody in American Christian communities said anything - including the US Bishops - because we weren't supposed to say anything. We weren't allowed to ask the obvious questions. Even now, the FBI is not releasing the 'manifesto', weeks after the event. Consider how quickly they released the motives of the Louisville shooter - or any shooter who writes down their plans and reasoning. We weren't allowed to ask without being told we weren't allowed to ask, and most were happy to simply move on. For some reason, I find that very significant in a not good way.

      Delete
    2. I already feel sold out by the bishops. Them closing churches during Covid and backing vax mandates told me all I needed to know about how they’d back up the faithful in a crisis. So this did t blip as much for me I suppose.

      Delete
    3. Court prophets have plagued the people of God for thousands of years. I fear as the world aims more at the Faith, we'll see more of them.

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts