Monday, July 26, 2010

Why Catholic?

Every now and then, I'll post something explaining why I became Catholic. After all, it sure wasn't for the great job prospects. So why leave a life I had spent most of my adult life working toward? Because - the simple answer - I believed it was true. What I called 'The Historic Church' was simply right. By 'Historic Church', I meant the Catholic/Orthodox (or pre-Reformation) traditions versus the Protestant tradition I identified with. As a student of history, biblical studies, and being in a vocation where I spent my days and weeks encountering these subjects due to my ministry, I began to see some serious chinks in the Protestant armor, just like I had seen flaws in the non-religious ideals I tried to embrace all those years ago as a young college student. So when the notion hits me, I'll drop a paragraph here or there about the various thoughts and experiences that ultimately brought me to where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts