Saturday, September 30, 2017

Good to be back

We're off for a little break.  Nothing major, just a couple days off to get going with the season.  Here are some links from back in the day.  They discuss our viewing habits during this witching season of the year.  Speaking of which (or witch), I saw a movie I've not seen before, and hopefully I'll get around to discussing it.  One of the more interesting films I've seen in recent years.

It's been nice being back to the old blog.  I already have had far more visits than I was getting at Patheos by the end.  Not that I'm keeping track or anything.  :)

Part of the problem at Patheos was me.  Towards the end, several asked that I stop feeding the trolls, but I had committed myself to always responding to people who comment. I still do. But at that point, I let it get away from me and, despite several telling me it was dragging down the blog, I kept going.  Towards the end, the trolls were eating the blog.  Whereas at the beginning a post with endless trolling saw a leap in page views, by the end, certain commenters began to poison the well, and once they got going, the page views for that post all but dried up.  People, it turns out, can recognize a waste of time when they see it.

So lesson learned.  I'll still respond to anyone who takes the time to comment on my blog.  I figure it's the least I can do.  But no troll feasts.  Trolls will be ignored.  Otherwise, comments are always welcome.  And genuine, honest debate is always a treat. 

I'll be back at the first of the week.  Again, nothing big going on.  No major trip.  Just a chance to relax before the next round of crazy.  It's been good having some of the old readership back.  I appreciate those who pick up my humble and bumble posts.  Hopefully they at least get people to think. 

See you next week.  God bless and TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts