Saturday, June 11, 2016

So sad

A young, rising star was shot dead.  There were others who died yesterday and we don't know of them.  That's OK.  In a world of news and celebrity, it's normal that we become attached to people who are nowhere near us while we likely have no idea about the people living two blocks away.  I know my Mom and Dad used to get upset when a big deal was made about the death of a celebrity versus, say, an average Joe or Jane down the street.  But for me, that comes from a world of mass media and instant information.

I don't know anything about her.  I just know a pretty young lady who had so much hope for a future and meaningful life has been cut down by evil. I pray her family will find the strength to cope, and that the peace of God cover their hearts and minds, and bring her into that everlasting Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts