Friday, June 10, 2016

As if anyone will care

A big Clinton donor was given a key position on a sensitive intelligence advisory board for which he had no apparent qualifications.  Yawn.  Nobody cares anymore.  I don't think it's a new thing.  I think part of it is that we've heard so many stories about old timers who cared too much, who threw unwed mothers into the street, or killed gay people, or overthrew governments because of bad fashion, that not caring at all became the big thing.  From one extreme to the other I guess.  Somewhere down the road it will probably reverse itself again.

2 comments:

  1. Morgan Freeberg had a good post on that kind of line of thinking as well.

    What strikes me as funny is that they act like they do care. But it's like... about global warming or stuff happening in Africa, or historical wrongs - lots of things they care about.

    Just... doesn't seem to be anything they care about in the here and now of their immediate surroundings. Which is odd.

    Well I do care. I REALLY dislike Hilary. The definition of a person who sold their soul, she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often said our generation spends all of its time condemning the past as a way of avoiding looking at the deplorable present. And I'm sure there are many who still do care. They are the best hope for future generations, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts