Friday, June 24, 2016

A free predication about the Brexit vote

Courtesy of my sons:  The media, anxious to keep one of Obama's political subordinates in the White House, will blame any negative news about terrorism, the economy, or anything else on the Brexit vote.  The economy begins to slow going into the election?  Why, that's because of the Brexit vote (that Trump supported).  Uptick in terrorist attacks or breakdowns in security?  Why, that's because of the Brexit vote (that Trump supported).  And general destabilization across Europe or floundering stability here at home?  It can only be because of the Brexit vote (that Trump supported).  All of this assumes, of course, that they can't blame Conservatives, Christians, Americans in general, or Republicans.

I have no clue if they're right.  I cautioned them about trying to inject our own political partisanship and wrangling into the mix.  Believe it or not, the sun does't rise and set on the media's prefabricated template of Red State/Blue State politics.  Nonetheless, I had to chuckle.  I'll laugh even louder if it turns out to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts