Thursday, June 2, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

There are many things I could have posted on, or pictures I could have posted.  But on the whole, the best picture we had was this:


As I said, if we can't get to visit my Dad, we'll go to a local cemetery and visit the graves of veterans.  We try to pick out of the way markers, on the theory that they might get fewer visitors.  Seeing the boys take an interest in reading the markings and writings and just pausing to reflect makes it worth while.  Perhaps in its own way, it honors those who are there and those who never made it home again.

2 comments:

  1. Man it's so dusty here all of a sudden.

    One day you should write a parenting book because it seems like you're doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nate! They have their moments, but on the whole, they make us proud.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts