Monday, October 2, 2023

The things you find on the Internet

 Can be scary, but can also be interesting:


That's an old film by none other than Georges Melies, of A Trip to the Moon fame.  

I'm always interested in seeing the oldest films and movies I can find.  One thing I notice is how often either what we would call 'science fiction' or 'horror/occult' are the themes.  Granted, England especially was enthralled with the occult in the later part of the 19th Century and well into the 20th.  But not all films that focus on such storylines are from England. 

It says to me that, even as technology and industry were pushing us into our modern, secular, world focused age, there was still an appetite for the supernatural.  For the otherwordly.   And that's not a bad kickoff for that spooky month of October. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts