Thursday, March 24, 2011

Liberal actor to portray John McCain?

Where's the news in that one?  Ed Harris, who I am a fan of in no uncertain terms, will portray John McCain in HBO's propaganda film Game Change, about the 2008 election. It will no doubt be god worship of Obama set to film.  The fun thing about movies today, whether this, or An American President, or the series The West Wing - they make it clear who the good guys (liberal Democrats) are, and who the bad guys (conservative/religious Republicans) are.  Watch an old film like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, and the first thing that hits you is that the film attacks principles: Corruption, manipulation, lies, political machines, selling out on principles.  It doesn't place the good guys in one party, and the bad in the other.  It attacks bad ethics, not bad parties (loosely defined as those who aren't me).  My what a difference a few decades make.  As I've said before, we have become a nation of pundits, not principles.  My only fear is that we no longer realize its punditry.  I fear we actually think it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts