Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Commercials from my ancient of days

We lived on a little stub street name Hillside.  It was the early 1970s, and we had one of those big console televisions.  We had just moved in town, so for the first time we had cable TV - which meant a whopping 13 channels (including the all-important WUAB Channel 43, Lorain-Cleveland).  And every now and then, this commercial would pop up:



Something about the sets, the music, the serious delivery of the host stuck with me for all these years, and through the miracle of the Internet, here it is!  I can't say it's what started my love for classical music, but I remember it nonetheless.  As my love of classical music grew, I would occasionally remember this commercial and say to myself, "Aha!  That's from that old commercial on TV."  I can still see the old green sofa and light yellow walls and the front door with those three descending windows in it.  Ah, memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts